Monday, July 23, 2007

A follow-up to my "Heartbreak and Hounds" post

(this is Enna)

About a week ago I wrote about the difficulties of working to get homeless pets adopted and how heartbreaking it can be at times. I also wrote about a little beagle mix that I fell in love with at our adoption fair that day.


I am happy to report that Enna, the little beagle mix, has found a new home! I volunteered at the Scott County Humane Society booth at the Scott County Fair last week, and this wonderful couple fell in love with Enna just as I did. They filled out their application, and I got to take her home that night and keep her until they picked her up the next day. She is such a sweetie. I gave her a bath and trimmed her nails, and she slept in the bed with me for a while. It was hard to hand her over on Saturday, but I know she is going to be pampered and loved at her new home.


THAT, my friends, is what makes all the hard work and heartbreak worth it. Like it says in the "Starfish" poem in my other post, I may not be able to save them all, but I made a difference to that one. :)

Print Page

No comments: